This is the second Cambodia ICT Awards which have 32 applicants applied for
the competition in 6 different categories: 1.Public Sector, 2. Private Sector, 3. Corporate Social Responsibility, 4. Digital Content, 5. Start-up Company, and 6. Research and Development. The business ideas range from government contract staff MIS to smartpay passing by education, entertainment, health, human resource, online booking, and business applications.
After the first round of selection, 21 applicants are selected for the final round. The members of the independent judging panel of The CICTA 2016 are invited from different organizations, business representatives, academia, ICT industries, investors and civil society organizations in Cambodia. There are 5 members
in the judging panel of CICTA 2016:
– Representative from ICT Federation of Cambodia
– Representative from Young Entrepreneur Association of Cambodia
– Representative from Open Institute
– Representative from Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications
– Representative from National University of Management
All of 21 applicants are requested to do a 15mn presentation in front the judging panel. The judging criteria of the competition are the innovation for problem solving, the public value, the quality and the reliability of the ICT products or solutions of the applicants.
The Winners of The CICTA 2016 are:
1. Gold Medal Winner: BookMeBus, Camtasia Technology Co., Ltd.
2. Silver Medal Winner: SmartPay, Smart Axiata Co., Ltd.
3. Bronze Winner: TosFund – Cambodia’s First crowd-funding platform, Action IEC (with partners: Cometogether/Rotati)
The Gold Medal Winner, Silver Medal Winner and Bronze Winner win the prize
5,000USD, 2,000USD and 1,000USD respectively.
There are also The Winners in each of the 6 categories:
1. Public Sector: Sand Dredging Management System, Ministry of Mine and Energy
2. Private Sector: SmartPay, Smart Axiata Co., Ltd.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility: TosFund – Cambodia’s First crowd-funding platform, Action IEC (with partners: Cometogether/Rotati)
4. Digital Content: Khmer Academy, Korea Software HRD Center
5. Start-up: BookMeBus, Camtasia Technology Co., Ltd.
6. Research and Development: V-Protekh PRO, Angkor E&C (Cambodia) Co., Ltd.
The CICTA 2016 receives sponsorship from different companies and organizations. Those sponsors are Smart Axiata, Telecoms Cambodia, Cambodia Posts, Cambodia Fiber Optic Communication Network (CFOCN), Telecoms Regulator of Cambodia, T.O Group, e.co, and OpenNet. Our partners are ICT Federation Cambodia, Emerald Hub, Development Innovation, and La French Tech Cambodge, and media sponsors are Freshnews, Sabay, Electronic World Magazine, Larein, and Geeks in Cambodia.